Seeking passionate school leaders!
TNTP seeks a full-time Leadership Coach for the West Texas SEED project. This position may be based in a home office anywhere in the U.S., with a preference for applicants based in Texas, and is available immediately. Travel up to 40% annually is required.
Who We Are
TNTP is a national nonprofit founded by teachers that believes our nation’s public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we’re a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality and achieve their goals for students. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
Staff on TNTP’s Client Team work alongside teachers, school leaders, districts and states to help them achieve their goals for students. In West Texas, we are partnering with Texas Education Service Center Region 18 (ESC 18) to enhance and expand a cutting-edge teacher preparation program aimed at increasing the number of diverse and highly effective teachers for students in high-need schools. We will support ESC 18 in operating a rigorous alternative certification program that will meet the needs of its most challenged schools and to grow a quality workforce by implementing systems and policies that attract, develop, and retain the best teachers across the district.
What You’ll Do
The Leadership Coach will work with our clients in ESC 18 to (1) train new teachers by dramatically increasing the quality of an alternative certification program focused on producing effective teachers for the highest priority subjects and schools, (2) grow a quality workforce by implementing systems and policies that attract and retain the best teachers with partnering school districts, and (3) sustain lasting change by ensuring ESC 18 can manage all programs independently and improve the quantity and quality of new teachers over time. As a Leadership Coach, you will work with ESC 18 leadership, district leadership, and school leaders in partnering school districts to drive systemic change by creating and developing a shared vision of an excellent classroom and coaching and developing leaders across organizations to support teachers in alignment with this vision.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Contributing to the development of system-level solutions for effective teacher development in service of improved student outcomes
- Designing and implementing trainings and supports for ESC 18, district, and school leaders that build a strong vision for excellent teaching, develop stronger systems for new teacher s and develop skill in teacher coaching
- Collaborating with TNTP leadership coaches across the organization to leverage and refine TNTP’s best practices in leadership and teacher support and development
- Managing other TNTP staff in their work to coordinate projects, examine data and develop metrics to support the successful implementation of services
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
We expect the Leadership Coach to:
- Bring a distinguished track record in coaching teacher coaches, school leaders, and school or district leadership. You have significant experience coaching teacher coaches or have led schools that achieved great things for their students.
- Demonstrate expertise in facilitating powerful learning experiences for adults. You excel at designing and implementing professional development: you have the content expertise to create rich training materials, conceptualize meaningful interactive learning experiences and facilitate training sessions for school and district leaders.
- Have stage presence. We’re counting on your strong public presentation skills and ability to provide thoughtful and compelling insights in settings small and large, formal and informal.
- Propose innovative solutions to complex challenges. You have a history of tackling high stakes challenges head on and moving work forward toward successful outcomes. Ambiguity doesn’t overwhelm you; just the opposite, you thrive on it. Your creative instincts will help you deal with vague situations and develop new approaches with limited guidance.
- Influence leaders to act. You’ll regularly interact with and be expected to influence clients – motivating them to make both incremental change and take quantum leaps.
- Previous experience as a school or district leader and a proven track record of raising student achievement, preferably in high-need schools or with high-need populations
- Experience coaching and facilitating professional development for school leaders, teacher coaches, and teachers
- Immediate understanding of what effective teaching looks like with a deep commitment to effective and rigorous instruction.
- Strong familiarity and experience with the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) standards (preferred)
Deep expertise in change management and system level change
- Ability to track and analyze performance data to uncover trends and act strategically and effectively to improve results
- Ability to communicate compelling feedback that motivates leaders, develops instruction and accelerates student achievement
- Comfort tackling sensitive issues and modeling crucial conversations
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills, including the ability to collaborate, and attain and grow effective partnerships to meet common goals
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance based bonus. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan with employer matching. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. TNTP may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter online.
It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. We recommend including a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in TNTP and how your experience has prepared you for this position.
TNTP is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. TNTP does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law.