Use your program operations and communications skills to end educational inequality!
TNTP seeks a Program Manager to join Baltimore City Teaching Residency. This position is based in Baltimore, MD and is available immediately.
Who We Are
TNTP is a national nonprofit founded by teachers that believes our nation’s public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we’re a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality and achieve their goals for students. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
TNTP’s Baltimore City Teaching Residency Program is an alternative route to a career in teaching for talented professionals committed to improving the odds for kids by raising student achievement. There are currently more than 700 Residents teaching in high-need subject areas and classrooms throughout Baltimore City Public Schools.
What You’ll Do
The Program Manager will manage program operations to ensure that Baltimore City Teaching Residency meets program goals.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Manage all operations that support the execution of TNTP Academy and pre-service training
· Provide strong customer service and communicate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including district staff, teachers, principals and others
· Monitor progress towards goals, and use data to analyze program success
· Manage the planning, implementation, and tracking of teacher recruitment and hiring events
· Develop and maintain tracking systems for Resident communication and program deadlines
· Cultivate new enrollees to the program and drive the hiring process for enrollees by preparing them for interviews and communicating with principals
· Manage talent, including recruiting, selecting, training, and managing part-time, seasonal staff to support program operations
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
We expect our Program Manager to:
· Embrace a fast-moving organization. Deadlines, changing priorities and new projects don’t overwhelm you. Instead, they inspire you to rise to the occasion.
· Plan and execute smooth operations. Your planning will be the backbone of an efficient and productive team. The team will look to you to establish systems, develop project plans, and support implementation.
· Deliver crisp, clean messages. Whether in writing or on the phone, your communications are articulate and concise. You understand your audience and know how to deliver inspiring messages and tough news with ease and tactful finesse.
· Love Data. Your inclination to analyze data and make it come alive will be crucial in informing the work of the team.
· Partner with education leaders. You’ll regularly interact with clients, building strong relationships and providing a high level of support.
- Strong program or project management experience and the ability to organize, plan, and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Incredible organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to adapt to challenges quickly and propose and implement thoughtful solutions
- Demonstrated success in analyzing and interpreting quantitative data and diverse information, and making recommendations based on the findings. Experience using Excel and/or Access highly preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills, including to attain and develop effective partnerships to meet common goals
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity
- Experience working in high-need schools or with high-needs populations (preferred)
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance based bonus. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan with employer matching. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. TNTP may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter online.
It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. We recommend including a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in TNTP and how your experience has prepared you for this position.
TNTP is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. TNTP does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law.