Use your communication and organizational skills to help end educational inequality!
TNTP seeks a full-time Program Manager to support the Pathway to Leadership in Urban Schools (PLUS) programs in the Camden-Philadelphia region. This position can be based from a home office in Philadelphia or the surrounding areas and is available immediately.
Who We Are
TNTP is a national nonprofit founded by teachers that believes our nation’s public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we’re a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality and achieve their goals for students. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
Staff on TNTP’s Client Team work alongside teachers, school leaders, districts and states to help them achieve their goals for students. In the Camden-Philadelphia region, we’re partnering with schools across sectors to build a pipeline of strong school leaders for every school. Through our work with CamdenPLUS and PhillyPLUS, we recruit, select and train leaders committed to leading excellent schools.
What You’ll Do
The Program Manager will manage program operations, including the execution of recruitment and selection strategies, to ensure the PLUS programs meets ambitious goals. The Program Manager will work closely with a dynamic and large regional team to ensure all program participants have an exceptional experience.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinate Resident recruitment and selection including participating in application review, drafting communication, and running operations and logistics for interviews and selection days.
- Plan and coordinate logistics for a 5-week summer training, as well as monthly professional development sessions and meetings, including drafting schedules and agendas, sending participant pre-work, securing meeting space, making copies, securing materials, etc.
- Develop and coordinate program surveys.
- Analyze program data including school leaders’ performance and evaluation data, and student achievement data from our participating schools.
- Create program materials, including PowerPoint decks, handouts, and talking points for meetings and professional development.
- Provide additional project support, where needed.
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level (a sense of humor and passion for good food are welcome too).
We expect our Program Manager to:
- Embrace a fast-moving organization. Deadlines, changing priorities and new projects don’t overwhelm you. Instead, they inspire you to rise to the occasion.
- Plan and execute smooth operations. Your planning will be the backbone of an efficient and productive team. The team will look to you to establish systems, develop project plans, and support implementation.
- Deliver crisp, clean messages. Whether in writing or on the phone, your communications are articulate and concise. You understand your audience and know how to deliver inspiring messages and tough news with ease and tactful finesse.
- Partner with education leaders. You’ll regularly interact with a variety of stakeholders, motivating them to make incremental change and take quantum leaps.
- Be willing to step up to the plate. You’re eager to contribute and learn, and willing to help identify solutions independently.
- Have an unwavering belief that ALL children can learn. A passion for education is essential to being successful in this role.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills, including the ability to communicate well with stakeholders at all levels, and collaborate, attain and grow effective partnerships to meet common goals
- Strong program or project management experience and the ability to organize, plan, and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to challenges quickly and propose and implement thoughtful solutions
- Demonstrated success in analyzing and interpreting quantitative data and diverse information, and making recommendations based on the findings, specifically using Excel and/or Access
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required; Wiki space management experience preferred (Confluence)
- Experience working in high-need schools or with high-needs populations (preferred)
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance based bonus. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan with employer matching. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. TNTP may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter online.
It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. We recommend including a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in TNTP and how your experience has prepared you for this position. Please note that an offer of employment will be subject to the successful completion of a background check.
At TNTP, we believe that diversity makes us stronger and challenges us to think differently every day. TNTP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or disability.