Use your project management skills to end educational inequality!
TNTP seeks a full-time Site Manager, Pipeline for a consortium of New York City charter schools. This position is based in a home office anywhere in the U.S. or from the TNTP central office in Brooklyn, NY and is available immediately.
Who We Are
TNTP is a national nonprofit founded by teachers that believes our nation’s public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we’re a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality and achieve their goals for students. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
Staff on TNTP’s Client Team work alongside teachers, school leaders, districts and states to help them achieve their goals for students. In New York City, we are partnering with charter schools to implement a cutting-edge program aimed at increasing the number of diverse and highly effective teachers for students in high-need schools. We will support our schools in operating a teacher recruitment pipeline that will meet the needs of its most challenged schools by supplying and retaining the best teacher talent.
What You’ll Do
As a Site Manager, you will partner with charter school leaders to develop a strategy for recruiting and cultivating high-quality, diverse talent to become teachers in New York City, whether through leading a strong diversity and inclusion initiative that attracts and cultivates high quality teaching talent to join the profession from a variety of backgrounds or developing the capacity of our district partners to identify and develop high quality recruitment strategies to meet their specific needs.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop systems and processes to assess the effectiveness of recruitment, selection and cultivation efforts
- Collaborate with and advise charter school partners to identify and respond to challenges they are facing with their recruitment pipeline for new teachers.
- Advise charter school partners on recruitment and cultivation, including monitoring progress against goals, identifying when we are off-track to meet goals, determining the root cause of challenges and generating creative solutions to address challenges
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
We expect our Site Manager to:
- Demonstrate a deep commitment to attracting and hiring high quality, diverse teaching talent. You constantly learn and implement practices in candidate recruitment, selection and cultivation that align to goals and create results.
- Generate creative solutions to complex problems. You can quickly identify challenges, analyze the root causes, and design creative solutions.
- Partner with education leaders. You’ll regularly interact with, and be expected to influence our partners, motivating and guiding them to improve the outcomes of their work.
- Sweat the details. You’ll use your strong organizational and project management skills to execute and move our work toward ambitious goals.
- Have a passion for education and for changing organizations. You find navigating complex organizations, like urban school districts, a welcome challenge, and you believe deeply in the need to make our public schools better for all our children.
- Knowledge and experience with diversity and inclusion best practices or teacher recruitment and selection strongly preferred
- The ability to critically assess challenges and identify effective solutions
- The ability to work effectively with others at all levels of an organization and to consistently display a high level of professionalism in all interactions
- Flexibility in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment of rapidly changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Strong staff management experience or instincts (preferred)
- Previous experience developing and facilitating adult learning/training (preferred)
- K-12 teaching experience, preferably in high-need schools (preferred)
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance based bonus. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan with employer matching. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. TNTP may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter online.
It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. We recommend including a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in TNTP and how your experience has prepared you for this position.
TNTP is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. TNTP does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law.