Use your program operations and communications skills to end educational inequality!
TNTP seeks a full-time Program Manager to join TNTP’s client team. This position can be based from a home office anywhere in the United States or from TNTP’s offices in Brooklyn, NY. This position is available immediately and requires up to 30 percent travel.
Who We Are
TNTP is a national nonprofit founded by teachers that believes our nation’s public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we’re a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality and achieve their goals for students. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
Staff on TNTP’s Client Team work alongside teachers, school leaders, districts and states to help them achieve their goals for students.
What You’ll Do
As a Program Manager, you will work with TNTP staff to provide operations and administrative support for a wide range of projects with TNTP’s district partners across the country. Projects are diverse in scope and focus and could include recruitment and selection of high quality teaching talent, planning trainings that develop strong teachers and school leaders, working with teacher education programs, and supporting a district’s performance management processes. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining program management tools and processes and ensuring coordination across projects. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Designing, drafting and implementing selection tools for school-based roles, as well as coordinating interviewing, offers and onboarding processes
- Developing data and communication systems to help manage teacher observations
- Managing direct communication with teachers, school leaders and district staff in TNTP partner districts
- Creating a robust recruitment and cultivation plan for potential school leaders
- Providing project management support to ensure the smooth rollout of district tools and processes
- Drafting communications and resource guides to support a new teacher appraisal system
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level (a sense of humor and passion for good food are welcome too).
We expect the Program Manager to:
- Embrace a fast-moving organization. Deadlines, changing priorities and new projects don’t overwhelm you. Instead, they inspire you to rise to the occasion.
- Plan and execute smooth operations. Your planning will be the backbone of efficient and productive teams. The team will look to you to establish systems, develop project plans, and support implementation. You will manage up and across different pieces of work to ensure teams meet their goals.
- Deliver crisp, clean messages. Whether in writing or on the phone, your communications are articulate and concise. You understand your audience and know how to deliver inspiring messages and tough news with ease and tactful finesse.
- Comfort with Data. You know how to interpret and make sense of data. You’re comfortable describing it and using it to motivate external audiences.
- Partner with education leaders. You’ll regularly interact with TNTP’s district partners, building strong relationships and providing a high level of support.
- Strong program or project management experience with extraordinary attention to detail and professionalism, and the ability to organize, plan, and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to challenges quickly, proposing and implementing thoughtful solutions
- Demonstrated success in analyzing and interpreting quantitative data and diverse information and to make recommendations based on the findings
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills, including the ability to collaborate, attain and grow effective partnerships to meet common goals
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity
- Experience working in high-need schools or with high-needs populations (preferred)
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance based bonus. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan with employer matching. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. TNTP may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your resume online.
It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. We recommend including a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in TNTP and how your experience has prepared you for this position. Please note that an offer of employment will be subject to the successful completion of a background check.
At TNTP, we believe that diversity makes us stronger and challenges us to think differently every day. TNTP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or