The Chester Charter School for the Arts is a non-profit, public charter school that serves students in grades K-11. It is a single stand-alone school with no affiliation with any other schools or charter management organizations. CCSA currently serves approximately 600 students and is growing every year through grade 12 as the students grow.
Working at CCSA
When you become part of the CCSA family, you will feel supported and valued. At CCSA, we respect the work of educators and make space for professional autonomy. We are eager for passionate, energetic and relentless educators who are crazy about transforming the lives of urban students through public education to join us. We focus on solutions and tackle challenges together.
At CCSA, we are obsessed with honing our craft by constantly deepening curriculum development and instructional practice. We work collaboratively to provide our scholars the best education possible through an arts-integrated focus and want new team members who desire to do the same.
Ideal CCSA staff members embody the following values and characteristics:
Passion for Urban Education ~ Integrity ~ Flexibility ~ Empathy ~ Perseverance ~ Patience ~ Self Motivation ~ Courage ~ Sense of Humor ~ Focus on Growth ~ Collaborative Spirit
Ideal Candidates for the Middle School Social Studies Teacher position will have:
- Expertise teaching 7th and 8th grade Social Studies content.
- Experience teaching successfully in an urban setting.
- Proven effectiveness in leading a group of students with a variety of abilities to each make significant academic gains.
- Exceptional classroom management skills.
- PA teaching certification for Middle School Social Studies
- Act 34, Act 151, Act 168 and FBI clearances
- Experience teaching middle/high school in an urban setting
Email your resume with the subject line “Social Studies Teacher MS” to
- Akosua Watts, Head of School/CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org and
- Mindy Nguyen, Director of Middle School at email@example.com.
For more information:
Visit our website at www.ccschoolarts.org