Philadelphia School Partnership
The Philadelphia School Partnership (PSP) works to give every child in America’s fifth largest city the opportunity to attend a great school. We invest philanthropic funds in high-impact schools so they can serve more low-income students—whether they be in the traditional public, public charter or private sectors. Our aim is to catalyze the creation or transformation of enough schools to ensure better options for 50,000 students, or nearly one in four of all Philadelphia schoolchildren. Since 2011 PSP has invested in more than 66 schools of all types, creating new educational opportunity for 24,000 students. PSP also works to create the conditions that enable great schools to grow and thrive, including a strong pipeline of qualified teachers and principals, resources and initiatives to empower parents and families, and policies that enable entrepreneurial school leadership and create opportunity for high-performing schools to grow. Additionally, PSP invests donated funds to catalyze collaboration, facilitating the sharing of best practices among schools and support organizations. Nonpartisan and data-driven, we work with government officials, business leaders, education leaders and practitioners, and community groups to pursue the promise of a great school for every child.
PSP recently launched a new website, TeachPHL.org, a collaborative effort among Philadelphia schools with the PSP and aims to attract great teachers to city schools of all types, support educators in their career development and foster a dynamic space for educators. The Intern will support the PSP team in efforts to ensure the quality of the website and build awareness in Philadelphia communities. The Intern will engage in outreach efforts to schools, educator organizations, community organizations and partners. The Intern will report to the PSP Manager of Public Affairs and the PSP Manager of Special Projects.
The Intern is a part time, (15-20 hours/week) paid, temporary position for spring 2019, with an opportunity to continue on through summer 2019.
PSP is an equal-opportunity employer with good benefits and an entrepreneurial, results-oriented work culture.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Help manage and respond to messages to TeachPHL about posting jobs and events
· Contribute to TeachPHL social media, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
· Support mass-email newsletters and communications using MailChimp
· Research and create relevant content for the TeachPHL website
· Assist with outreach activities, including but not limited to the scheduling of meetings, distributing TeachPHL materials at events, and the maintenance of contact information
· Data entry and other administrative tasks
· Other duties as assigned
· Commitment to the mission of the PSP
· Desire to work in a goals-driven organization
· Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to represent PSP to various audiences
· Ability to manage time effectively, juggling multiple tasks simultaneously
· Extremely high attention to detail
· Excellent interpersonal skills and desire to work as part of a team
· Ability to work independently, solve problems and be flexible
· Proficient in Microsoft office, especially Excel experience with data entry, compilation, and cleaning a plus
· Proficient in social media, with experience using Google Analytics a plus
· Ability to work two mornings a week
Education and Experience
· Working towards Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in communications, education or public policy
· Experience in education a plus, but not required
Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required:
· Traveling to schools – valid driver’s license and/or access to transportation when necessary
· Functioning in office space — reaching file cabinets, filing, faxing, scanning, coping, typing, mailing, making phone calls
· Must be able to sit for up to two hours looking at a computer monitor, using a keyboard/mouse and typing
Email resume and cover letter to Molly Farley, Human Resources Consultant, at MFConsultantsLLC@gmail.com.