Paul Robeson Charter School (PRCS) is seeking a passionate and hardworking 5th Grade Math Teacher to join the PRCS family for the 2019-20 school year!
Each core subject teacher at Paul Robeson is responsible for a single content area, grade level and a maximum roster of 75 students to foster strong student relationships and prioritize deep content expertise. Additionally, all teachers receive extensive preparation and collaborative planning time and regular supports and coaching from a departmentalized leadership team. All staff members are considered critical players in decision making processes and have the opportunity to influence the overall direction of the school. We are currently seeking dynamic team members to join us in our pursuit of providing a premier educational option for the students and families of Trenton!
About Paul Robeson Charter School
Paul Robeson Charter School (PRCS) is a free, lottery-based, open-enrollment charter school serving students from across Trenton in grades 4-8. The mission of Paul Robeson CS is to provide a personalized education that challenges, inspires and prepares students to passionately pursue their dreams & lead a life of active civic engagement. PRCS inspires and equips every student to lead a life of achievement, service and success. Our structured and nurturing community, comprehensive programming and rigorous academic curriculum are designed to build self-motivated citizens, eager learners and strong leaders – regardless of circumstance.
- Plan and provide excellent instruction, making every minute count in your classroom;
- Develop detailed lesson plans, materials, homework assignments, and assessments based on state standards and school-wide goals for student achievement
- Provide differentiated learning opportunities to support each student’s academic growth;
- Set and reinforce clear expectations for student engagement;
- Continuously improve based on feedback and coaching from school leaders;
- Collaborate with other teachers to increase student engagement and achievement;
- Reward positive student engagement and hold students accountable using school-wide systems;
- Engage with family members regularly and participate in school-wide family engagement activities including phone calls to family members and school-based meetings with families;
- Provide additional academic support to students after school for at least one hour per week.
Qualifications and Skills
- Outstanding instructional skills and data-driven approach to instructional planning;
- Mastery and enthusiasm for content/subject area;
- The ability to motivate students and cultivate a culture of achievement;
- A belief that ALL students should be held to high academic standards;
- Resilience and professionalism;
- Commitment to school transformation and continuous improvement;
- Open to feedback and coaching;
- Strong sense of personal accountability for student achievement;
- Collaborative approach to problem solving.
Educational Background and Work Experience
- Experience driving student achievement results;
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related field;
- Must hold or be actively working to obtain NJ teacher certification.
- Competitive salary and benefits package;
- Extensive teacher preparation time;
- Professional collaboration with grade and content teams;
- Weekly coaching and ongoing professional development;
- Google Education platform for online assignment management;
- Opportunity to shape and develop curriculum.