WHO WE ARE
The National Asian Pacific American Women’s Forum (NAPAWF) is the only national, multi-issue advocacy organization in the United States with the mission to build collective power of those who identify as Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) women and girls. Our primary policy areas of focus include:
● Reproductive Health Rights
● Economic Justice
● Immigrant Rights
NAPAWF’s mission is to work with AAPI women and girls to build collective power to gain full agency over our lives, our families, and our communities. Founded in 1996, we are continuing to grow and create a dynamic organization including four staffed offices and more than 15 volunteer-led chapters throughout the country.
We are currently seeking an Organizer for our New York City (NYC) office. The Organizer will support in building relationships with local organizations as well as facilitating mobilization campaigns, trainings, and other outreach centered on building power for those who identify as AAPI women and girls in the New York City area.
WHO YOU ARE
· Coalition Builder and Stakeholder Manager. With at least one year of voter education and/or mobilization campaign work experience, you are a self-starting community organizer who has a strong commitment to community organizing, AAPI policy areas, and issues related to those who identify as AAPI and/or immigrant women and girls. You have strong organizational skills and are able to build and nurture relationships with local government organizations, non-profits, religious institutions, college/university student groups, other social justice and human right groups that work specifically with AAPI and/or immigrant women and girls. You love working with and talking to people and enjoy recruiting and engaging others to be active members within the NYC NAPAWF community.
· Organizational Developer & Strategic Planner. Having had previous community organizing experience, you are comfortable with creating training modules and other campaigns with minimal supervision. You are a technology whiz, able to create engaging, content-packed presentations and trainings. You are committed to building strong action-based programs and events and seasoned in successfully managing multiple tasks to completion with competing deadlines.
· Effective Communicator. As a seasoned spokesperson, adept in both English and at least one Asian / Pacific Islander language (i.e. Mandarin, Korean, Cantonese, Bengali), you are able to synthesize the needs of those your serve and work with, addressing them in a way that is transparent, collaborative and culturally responsive and competent. You understand how to motivate and influence people and have excellent public speaking and writing skills.
· Social Justice Advocate. You are committed to a career pathway that supports social justice and advocacy efforts. You consistently demonstrate the ability to motivate various constituencies to be strong stakeholders AAPI movement while showing a nuanced understanding of building and sustaining diverse and inclusive advocacy environment with a racial equity focus.
Organizational Impact & Outcomes for Success
Reporting to the National Field Director, the Organizer will ensure NAPAWF’s unique intersectional perspective is brought to the forefront of reproductive justice work in the New York City area.
With the support and direction of the National Field Director, the Organizer will do this by:
· Developing impactful training materials and sessions for NAPAWF members
· Facilitating mobilization campaigns outreach centered on building power for those who identify as AAPI women and girls in the New York City area.
Building relationships with community members and a broad array of non-profit, local government, and religious organizations
HOW TO APPLY
This targeted search is being led by the executive search team at ATS+Partners. Interested candidates should share a copy of their latest resume and a cover letter detailing relevant experiences to support their candidacy to our online application.