Multiple vacancies exist throughout the year for Special Education Teachers for the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit.
- Valid PA Certification in Special Education (N-12 or Pk-8)
- Valid PA Certification in PreK-4 preferred
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Must be courteous and able to deal effectively with people,
- Must be cooperative, congenial, and self-motivated.
- Ability to work in an environment that could involve physically aggressive students.
- Ability to complete task and run a classroom with minimal supervision.
- Original certificates of clearance from the State Police, Child Abuse Registry, and PDE FBI.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide an appropriate program of education and training for the special education student.
- Utilize the abilities, skills and talents of all members of team to the fullest in educating the students.
- Develop IEPs in conjunction with staff and parent input.
- Prepare lesson plans in accord with the students’ IEPs.
- Administer individual diagnostic tests to assess the students’ educational achievement.
- Utilize cumulative records on each child to assist in planning teaching stratagem.
- Participate in mental health student group discussion, where required as part of the educational program.
- Provide classroom management based on principles of child development and behavior modification techniques.
- Submit quarterly student progress reports to parent and district of residence administrator.
- Work effectively with the all members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Develop professional relationships and a supportive climate which facilitates mainstreaming the special education student.
- Make referrals through supervisor for ancillary services including testing.
- Keep up to date attendance records and child tracking data on each enrolled student.
- Assume additional duties as assigned by program supervisor.
Estimated Work Days and Hours:
Monday-Friday, 7.5 hours per day, 194 days/year
$47,353 – $111,363 (pro-rated)