Opening: Science Teacher (Biology / Chemistry)
Marian Catholic High School in Chicago Heights, Illinois, is seeking a science teacher for the 2018-2019 school year.
The course load will likely include Biology and Chemistry courses.
The ideal candidate will:
– be joyful, flexible, communicative, collaborative, and tech savvy
– enjoy working with students to foster a healthy, supportive classroom environment
– be well-versed in modern teaching methods, including the use of the iPad in the classroom
– have at least 1-2 years science teaching experience
– hold proper state certification for teaching at the high school level
Each candidate should submit a resume, cover letter, and official application. Candidates are also welcomed and encouraged to submit other documents which will help give a full impression of the candidate as an educator and a professional. Such documents might include transcripts and letters of recommendation.
The hiring team is particularly interested in seeing lesson plans, units, or assessments that the candidate feels accurately represents his or her style of instruction.
Please submit all materials to Marian Catholic’s Principal, Mr. Steve Tortorello, by mail, email, or fax. Materials not submitted in this manner will not be considered. Resumes will be accepted through April 28th, 2017, but candidates are encouraged to send in their materials as soon as possible for consideration.
Marian Catholic High School
Attn – Mr. Steve Tortorello
700 Ashland Avenue
Chicago Heights, IL
For more information on Marian Catholic, please visit www.marianchs.com