About KIPP Bay Area Public Schools
KIPP Bay Area Public Schools is a non-profit network of 15 college-preparatory, public charter elementary, middle, and high schools serving nearly 6,000 students in East Palo Alto, Oakland, San Francisco, San Lorenzo, San Jose, and Redwood City. KIPP schools are united by a common mission, a commitment to excellence, and a belief that if we help children develop the academic and character strengths they need for college and choice-filled lives, they will be able to build a better tomorrow for themselves, for their communities, and for us all.
We firmly believe that a great education is the best path to a life full of opportunity and aim to educate in traditionally underserved communities, including English language learners, and students with disabilities. Our student population is comprised of over 95% students of color and, since we know that they benefit the most from working with excellent Teachers and Leaders who look like them, we constantly strive to create a staff that more closely mirrors their demographics. Click here to learn more about our students and their results.
We are currently hiring for teaching roles at the following locations on the Peninsula:
- KIPP Redwood City High School – coming soon!
- KIPP Valiant Community Prep (TK-8; East Palo Alto)
- KIPP Excelencia Community Prep (TK-8; Redwood City)
All KIPP teachers must…
- Hold a valid teaching credential or be in the process of securing one (please click here to learn more)
- Be committed to working with educationally underserved students
- Believe all students can achieve at the highest academic levels
- Possess strong content area knowledge and classroom management skills
- Teach in our extended day and year schedule
- Contribute to a relentless and dedicated team of outstanding professionals
- Communicate well with students, families, and colleagues
- Experience as an educator in a traditionally underserved community for one or more years with demonstrated strong achievement results and documented growth on formative assessments
- Spanish, Arabic, Vietnamese or Mandarin speaking proficiency
We are dedicated to you and your family’s well-being! KIPP offers a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and transportation benefits. Although KIPP does not post salary scales, we are happy to walk candidates through the compensation package.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.