About IMS: Independence Mission Schools (IMS) educate students of all faiths living throughout Philadelphia. Our inspiring new network of 15 schools blends the best of Catholic education with innovative teaching strategies designed to meet the unique learning needs of all students.
Since our inception in 2012, our enrollment has grown over 20%, our students are outperforming 80% of their neighboring public and charter schools in Reading, and we have received increasing recognition as a network that successfully integrates faith, character, and academics to create warm, energizing schools that are sustainable for students, staff, and community. Ultimately, IMS recognizes that our students are on track to make their own choices in pursuit of college and career opportunities because they are on grade level academically and enrolled in a high-quality high school.
Perks of IMS: Teachers at IMS enjoy ongoing development through coaching, mentorship, and professional development and a benefits package that matches 403b contributions, provides low-cost healthcare, and guarantees paid sick time and personal time. Learn more here.
St. Rose of Lima, an Independence Mission School, is seeking a Part-Time Technology Teacher for the 2019 – 2020 school year who will instruct students in the Common Core State Standards in all areas of the elementary curriculum. The teacher will instruct students two times per week.
*Please note: this position may be combined with the Part-Time Technology Teacher position at St. Barnabas (who instructs students three times per week) to make one Full-Time Technology Teacher position.
The successful candidate should:
- Demonstrate collegiality to integrate cross-curricular instruction and real-world problem solving skills
- Skilled in their subject areas and be enthusiastic learners who apply skills learned through frequent subject and grade level teamwork and professional development
- Model outstanding character traits according to the ethics, values, and philosophy of the Catholic teachings, and exhibit these traits through a positive classroom atmosphere
- Lend their skills and interests to coaching and moderating of extra-curricular activities
Offer excellent communication and presentation skills as well as solid planning and organizational skills
- Experience teaching diverse learners and differentiating instruction (preferred)
- A track record of leading students to successfully achieve those expectations (preferred)
- Experience working with children and communities in an urban setting (preferred)
Certification, Degrees, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- Pennsylvania Instructional Certificate (preferred)
- Clearances on all required background checks (required)
EOE: IMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrates staff diversity. We strive to be and build a diverse team that is representative of our students and the communities in which we serve. If you identify as an individual of color, we highly encourage you to apply!
Want to learn more about IMS and our school locations? Please visit: https://independencemissionschools.org/schools/
Want to learn more about St. Rose of Lima? Please visit: https://stroseoflimaphila.independencemissionschools.org/