EducationWorks (EW) is a nonprofit organization providing academic support, career readiness,
and enrichment programming throughout Greater Philadelphia. By tackling core issues like
literacy, graduation rates, safety and social awareness, we are equipping individuals with the tools
needed to stay safe, finish school, make better choices, and become more productive members of
Recognizing that each child has unique needs, staff works directly with community and school
leaders to identify challenges and create customized programs that will have the greatest impact.
From in- school programs to after- school and summer programs, children from kindergarten to
adulthood are positively impacted by EducationWorks programming through our educator’s
Relatability, Capability, and Passion.
The Group Leader will be responsible for providing direct education service to children in summer
programs, participate in planning summer activities, and assist with management of
necessary summer paperwork. The primary responsibilities of the Group Leader would include
student safety, support in classrooms when needed, assisting with attendance, snack distribution,
and site set up and break down.
EW’s OST programs are licensed through the Department of Human Services (DHS) and follow the
staffing requirements set forth by DHS.
The Group Leader will work 40 hours per week: (depending on site’s needs) Monday- Friday.
The Group Leader reports to the Site Coordinator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist with recruitment and enrollment of students into the program
• Plan activities according to content area, with other after- school staff
• Take leadership in planning service activities with students
• Implement after-school activities according to schedules and lesson plans
• Take attendance, assist with the sign in/sign out process, and manage required paperwork as directed
• Assist with set- up and clean- up of after- school activities as needed
• Supervise and direct students according to school site and EW rules and guidance
• Ensure that youth are safe at all times
• Attend professional development and required trainings
• Be familiar with and strive to be in compliance with the School Standards for Youth Programs
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or equivalent required; college preferred
• Experience working with school- aged youth
• Able to be physically active with and engage youth
• Experience with urban settings and diverse populations
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to physically perform the duties required and to work in the environmental conditions required such as
• Traveling to schools – valid driver’s license and/or access to transportation when necessary
• Maneuvering in an office space- reaching file cabinets, filing, faxing, scanning, coping, typing, mailing, and making phone calls
• Standing, walking, sitting for long periods of time, speaking loudly and clearly, seeing and hearing things both near and far away, stooping, kneeling, fine finger and hand manipulation in use of a computer, chalkboard, dry erase board or projector
.• Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs
Please apply to this position by visiting www.educationworks.org under “Get Involved”