The person in this role supports the Assistant to the Executive Director for Student Services in the day-to-day administration of Intermediate Unit programs in the Student Services Department. This position is expected to support the Assistant to the Executive Director for Student Services, provide leadership to develop and implement a comprehensive system of Student Auxiliary and Specialized services and programs, Special Education, Nonpublic school services, Pupil Services, Early Childhood Education, and other niche services to ensure that DCIU is on the cutting edge of programming. Key to this position is strengthening current programs and demonstrating entrepreneurialism as Intermediate Units are a service organization and must evolve based on the needs of our stakeholders.
- Assists the Assistant to the Executive Director for Student Services in the administration and leadership for Intermediate Unit Programs in the Student Services department.
- Assists the Assistant to the Executive Director for Student Services in the administration and leadership for Intermediate Unit programs in the Student Services Department.
- Oversees of fiscal and personnel operation.
- Establishes positive working relationship with local district directors of special education and pupil services, central office administration, and local stakeholders.
- Provides assistance to local school districts, charter schools, and other stakeholders.
- Assists in leading, monitoring, and evaluating program effectiveness of department-wide programs and services for the purpose of providing feedback to administrators and others in order to recommend program changes as needed.
- Assists the Assistant to the Executive Director for Student Services with human resource management tasks (e.g. selection; assignment; evaluation; conducts in-service programs as requested) for the purpose of supervising pupil services and special education personnel, related service personnel, and specialties.
- Performs other duties as requested and/or assigned.
Participates in, chairs, and oversees required activities of district meetings, workshops and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
Education Required: Master’s Degree
Certification Required: Special Education Supervisor Certification
Experience Required: Minimum of 6 to 8 years of progressive educational administrative experience; Experience in Education, including Pupil Services and curriculum and Instruction; Expertise with oversight of administration and staff, responsibility of large scale budgets, frequent interfaces with customers/stakeholders.